Where the $%&#! is Hickory Flat???
Spoiler Alert: I’ve learned from the locals that it’s in the southeastern corner of Cherokee County. I’m having a blast there and it is worth the drive!
I later learned that it was much closer to a lot of places than I thought it was.
I discovered this on my way to get my feet and arms worked on. I set my GPS to May’s Massage in Marietta (If you haven’t tried them, you really need to… I do a 90-minute foot massage there with about 15-20 minute focus on my hands and arms every couple weeks).
I expected a 20-30 minute drive, and Google Maps took me the back way. I started seeing streets like Hardscrabble Road, and signs for Crabapple, and Alpharetta Hwy 9. When I saw these, I thought I had been misdirected to Roswell and Alpharetta. So I pulled up an aerial view…
…and I discovered that Hickory Flat was halfway between Woodstock and Roswell… about 20 minutes from each one. Yes, a long drive from where I live in Marietta, but a short drive from a lot of other areas.
As I began cutting hair there, I began meeting people from all over the place. E’s has customers who drive 45 minutes up to an hour to get their hair cut.
I did a little research… especially since I am active in the Atlanta United supporters group community, especially with Terminus Legion and our AU Nation group. I found out that it’s closer than I thought to several of my favorite places…
- 14 min from the Canton Farmer’s Market
- 16 min from Reformation Brewery in Woodstock
- 25 min from Dixie Speedway
- 15 min from the White Columns Country Club in Milton
- 13 min from the Canton Theatre
- 22 min from The Proving Ground, also known as Fifth Third Bank Stadium in Kennesaw
- 23 min from 1920 Tavern in Roswell
- 28 min from The Big Chicken in Marietta (yes… I just used The Big Chicken as a reference)
- 25 min from the Original Selfie Museum in North Point Mall, Alpharetta
- 31 min from Hooligans Tavern in Alpharetta
- 18 min from Williamson Bros. BBQ in Canton
- 41 min from Atlanta Barber and Beauty Supply on Collier Road… I have to drive a little further to go to my favorite barber supply store.
- 1 min from Soccer Post in Canton
- 28 min from Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Roswell
- 30 min from Cumming, GA
- 7 hrs, 28 min from Riptides Raw Bar and Grill in Daytona Beach